Sunday, May 17, 2009

Narcissism, thy name is 'Personal Webpage'

Yes, I have a Facebook page. I also have a Twitter page that I don't really use, but it's there. I've had a MySpacepage before, and now I have myself a blog.

Like many, I talked myself into these pages because they hold value in the area of 'social networking'. Okay, first off, networking is a social action that doesn't require all these websites. Effective networking really only requires you and your personality.

Second, I just don't buy that reasoning for these websites. Let's be real. The only reason you're "friends" with a majority of the people on there is because you want to put yourself on display to as many people as possible. These sites are tools for new age exhibitionists.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's good to be proud of who you are and what you are doing with your life. But surely you know that the only person interested in seeing the 100 pictures of you and your dog is you....and maybe your dog. Everybody else feels like Dennis of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" when he says, "dreams are like pictures: unless I'm in them or somebody is having sex in them, I'm just not interested."

But hey, keep on keepin' on. I'm not trying to stop anyone from doing what they do. Hell, I'm one of the biggest "look at me" whores out there - you know, aside from actual whores. I also realize that I'm probably the only one that's going to read this cuz nobody else is interested. Of course if I threw up someone else's picture, betcha they'd be interested then....

TOUGH!! This is what you get! Look at me x3

1 comment: